· what personal data is and how we obtain it;
· for what purposes and on what basis we process personal data;
· how long we keep your personal data;
· with whom we share your personal data;
· how your personal data is protected; and
· the rights you have with regard to your personal data
What is personal data?
Personal data refers to any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. We may, among other things, process the following personal data:
· Basic data such as your first and last name, prefix, title;
· Contact information such as your e-mail address, postal address and telephone
· Personal data that you provide to us in the context of attending events or meetings,
such as requirements and wishes with regard to accessibility and diet;
· Personal data that you provide to us for the purpose of an application, such as your
first and last name, date of birth, address, telephone number, nationality, marital
status and all other personal data stated in your application;
· Any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we may obtain in
connection with the purposes and on the basis of the principles set out below.
For example, you provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by giving us your business card, or by applying for a job. We may also obtain your personal data from other sources, such as from a local business partner, counterparties, the Trade Register or by using public sources.
Purposes and bases for the processing of personal data
SWI may use your personal data for the following purposes:
· To offer our whiskey products;
· To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
· For marketing and business development activities, such as newsletters, invitations to
our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
· To handle your application or registration for one of our events.
We process your personal data based on one or more of the following legal bases:
· The execution of an agreement;
· Complying with a legal obligation;
· Legitimate interest;
· Your consent.
Sharing of personal data
In certain cases, we may share your personal data with third parties, including, but not limited to:
· Third parties, such as regulators and other authorities, to comply with legal
· External suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the
communication services or other suppliers to whom we outsource certain support
If a third party processes your personal data in the capacity of a processor of SWI, SWI concludes a processing agreement with this third party that meets the requirements described in the GDPR. Third parties to whom we provide your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. SWI is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area. In that case, SWI will ensure that such transfer of data is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Retention of personal data
We keep your personal data in accordance with the GDPR standards. Your personal data will be processed until you inform SWI that you no longer wish to receive digital messages and/or SWI stops sending newsletters, white papers, invitations to events or other digital mailings. Your personal data will be deleted if:
· it appears that your e-mail address is no longer in use (for example, when error
messages are received);
· your personal data is processed and/or stored on the basis of consent and you
withdraw your consent;
· the legitimate interest on the basis of which your personal data